We’re suckers for sunshine and a good food spread, so Hillside had us hooked before we’d even arrived. Located on the Aegean coast of the Mediterranean, Fethiye, the setting is something of that found only in dreams, offering endless views of the resorts privately-owned Kalemya Bay. Didn’t think we’d ever be able to say we stayed in a private bay now did we?
Not only is Hillside Beach Club set in the most spectacular location, it’s also home to hundreds of cosy private apartments, a 680m2 heated pool and 3 restaurants, each offering something just a little different.
Now, not that you need any more convincing but if you were to ask us to name 5 reasons why we suggest you absolutely must make the trip, we’d say…
- The Activities: We joined the team to take part it in their summer challenge week featuring a whole host of activities from spinning, to seeing who could leap highest in ‘Trampoline Jump and Fun’. As you know, we like to stay active where we can on holiday so having so many options on hand was the dream. Our favourite was ‘Run for Green’, where we ran a hot and hilly 10k, but of course there was a difference. For every km ran by each individual, a tree was planted on the resort in an attempt to to protect natural areas, open spaces, and greenways/trails.
- The Team: Not only were we made to feel incredibly welcome, the staff made an effort to get to know us both, and throughout our stay made a series of recommendations from activities to excursions. We were even given a private tour of the theatre area (more to come on that next!).
- The Evening Entertainment: As well as bingo, and sunset boat tours, every night a show was performed. So yes, not only were the staff welcoming, they were seriously talented too! From incredible acrobatics, to talent on the mic each bought something to the stage to pull together an incredible act. Whilst we were staying it was Madonna themed, so as you can imagine our harmonious, and ever in-tune voices were showcased…
- The Food: It was like nothing you’ve ever seen before… tables upon tables of good grub, with a whole end of the room dedicated to just desserts. Need we say more?
- The Private Beaches: Serenity Beach was our favourite. Two routes to get to the one destination featuring utter calm. A nature trail lined with lush evergreen trees, or a short voyage on a shuttle boat had you landed moments from the main action, yet in total serenity. There was even a bar serving snacks and cocktails. Only decision to make is shaken or stirred?
Fancy flying out for a week yourself? The next “Summer Challenge Week is the 24th – 29th September.
Expect the return of an exciting new fitness-focused offerings making it an ideal for sports buffs and spin-aholics alike. The week will include everything from spin parties overlooking the sea, to jogging and trekking through the stunning surroundings of Fethiye. Who’s in?
Grab your spot here: https://www.hillsidebeachclub.com/en/